Sunday, November 6, 2011

Never Underestimate my Jesus

We are all praising God as HE has brought little Anaika back to the orphanage and not only that, but had her father agree to all adoption terms! She is safe! Jasmine said that when they picked her up she giggled all the way home. I am seriously blown away by the work of the Lord. Immediately the verse that came to mind is the one I have on my journal next to my favorite picture of Anaika which is 2 Timothy 2:13 "If we are faithless, He remains faithful. He cannot deny himself." God's will WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL! Thank you, Lord. It's fun how God chooses to do things sometimes and reveal things to us in HIS timing. We are always planning, planning, planning. I know I am guilty of doing this, planning and planning and then there is no room for God because I think I have the best plan so when God comes in I say I will seek him and pray for "his will", but really I don't let go of my plans. It sounds so dumb, thinking that my petty plans are better than God's, the God who created the whole world and is sustaining it all! In the last 5 years pretty much everything that I have planned for my life as I started to think about my future as I began my freshman year of college, have changed, but I am joyful and have peace because I believe that this is GOD'S plan for my life and I don't want to be in any other plan. What makes us think that we can plan better than God? Is it because we can only plan based on as much as we know so it seems safer? We think we know what is best and feel like we have control. But when you give God control you are blind, but he is the God of the whole universe! What is faith though? If you were to see everything you wouldn't need faith! God is the best one to have control of our decisions and plans! We truly have it backwards! I am ready to stop living in anxiety and fear and step into the life that Jesus came to die for. He came to give me life to the fullest! Once God does something that we never thought was possible, we have two options, we can either get so wrapped up in what he gives us and what will come next or we can be excited, but keep our eyes still fully on him and acknowledge that in the downs AND the ups we are in desperate need of him and without him we can't make it one step further in life. If we get to wrapped up in what God has blessed us with and take our eyes of the God who gives not only all that we need, but want, it can lead down a terrible path which in the end leads to destruction. This is what I don't want to go.

There is much on my mind right now. There are so many ifs and buts still with Anaika and with me as I make decisions about where to work and what God wants me to do with my life, BUT God doesn't tell me to look at the waves, but tells me to look to him and walk on the water. He is a good and gracious God. He saved a wretch like me! I have so much to learn still about what it means to live for God in every season of life. It is exciting though. God keeps telling me, "Watch Me do great and mighty things that you never thought were possible!" Suddenly it doesn't become about what I am going to do or where I am going to go, but it comes back to where it should be, all about God and what he has planned for my life and how we will get his glory through me. I am truly excited.

I ask you all to please keep praying for Anaika and my family. Adoptions are not cheap, but my God is not dead. He can do great and mighty things that surpass our understanding.

He is God. I am not.
All I am for Him!
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment