Friday, October 8, 2010

change.

All is well in Bangkok! I enjoyed a nice time with Jessica doing touristy things yesterday.


I am excited for church this morning too! I love worshipping our great God with other believers around the world! God is so amazing! I love him so much! He is the reason I can breath right now and type this blog to you all. I will adore HIM!

Being with these girls is so much fun!

I now have only 2 weeks left here in Thailand. That is just absolutely insane! The time has just flown by! I just finished my schedule for my last 2 weeks...I have so many emotions right now that I am trying to process. [hmm, sounds familar...] Change [in general] for me is always hard. Although I am learning how to work through change, while God reminds me that he never changes and is leading me, it is still hard. I have loved it here in Thailand so much, much more than I ever thought I would. I mean besides Haiti, this is one of the first places I have been outside of the US and it sure has been life changing. I have fallen in love with these kids, the school, the staff, the community, the country, the culture...even though I may get frustrated at times, it is wonderful! BUT then half of me is so excited to get back to Minnesota and see everyone again [but I am not excited to enter back into maddness]. God keeps reminding me of everything he has helped me through in the past and I am assured that I can do anything with him. That doesn't mean it all of sudden gets easy. It is tough. I do still have 2 weeks here and will be soaking in all that I can! And you never know what God has planned in the future...maybe I will be back...maybe not. It's up to Him.

Me in front of the Grand Palace


Something else that I have been processing in the past few days has been...Haiti. [Shocker] What is really crazy though is that I am really not sure why all this has been coming up in my path lately. (It's been more than usual) Let me explain. As most of you know, God has really placed Haiti on my heart [although, lately I think he hasn't just placed Haiti on my heart, but all the poor and lost people in the world, but that's another topic!]Anyway, Haiti, but more specifically, Anaika. She is my little girl (who I wish so much I could just adopt now, but God is saying no) She is my joy. I have been thinking about her recently, so much. I know she is always in the back of my mind, but lately she has been more in my head than usual. I can't help but miss her. In chapel yesterday we talked about adoption and how when we ask God to come into our lives and take control, he adopts us into his family. One teacher shared a story about how her sister adopted 2 children from Africa and about how when you adopt a child it is not about you, but about that child. You do it, not because they can give you anything in return, you do it out of love and sacrifice. WOW! I don't know why this hit me so hard, but I was sitting on the floor trying to keep my self well-managed, since I was with my class. Anaika was pressed hard on my heart, but I knew that God has been telling me no to adopting her because let's face it, I am in no position to adopt a little girl, no matter how much I may want to. I am not sure why this all has been going on, but I just wanted to share it with you and ask you to pray for me as I deal with my emotions and such. Then also, please pray for Anaika, her safety and health, her learning, Jasmine and Greg who take care of not only her, but 44 other children. Remember to pray for Haiti. Do not forget the lost and hurting people!



Thanks so much for you love, prayer and supports as God takes me on adventures with him. And even though this adventure will end, I am excited to see where God leads me next. I just want to be with him, be where HE leads me! I will keep you all updated as I enjoy my last few weeks in Thailand!

Blessings,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment